One of the most important steps you can take as an aspiring internet marketer is to learn the value of goal setting. If you’re like many, you hear the phrase “goal setting” and you roll your eyes. “Not another article on how to set goals,” you might think. And the answer is yes, this is another article on how to set goals.
But here’s the thing; there’s a huge difference between knowing how to set goals and actually setting goals you can take action on. When you set the right goals, taking action and achieving success are almost foolproof.
So the question is, how do you set clear goals? To answer the question we’re going to look at the two components that make up a clear goal, a goal you can take action on.
Part #1 Visionary Goals
There’s a difference between a goal that sounds like “I need to start an online business” and a goal that sounds like “I want to start an online business so I can travel the world and share my experiences.”
One goal sounds much more like an unwanted task – something you think you should do. Whereas the other goal sounds like a dream or a vision you have for your life. Which is more inspiring? The visionary goal, right? Consider the following questions:
- What do you want to achieve with your business?
- Why are you starting a business?
- How will your life change with your internet marketing business?
- How are you motivated? Financially, lifestyle change? Authority and reputation?
Part #2 SMART Goals
SMART goals are goals that are more quantifiable. They have deadlines, measurements, and they require action. When a SMART Goal is created from your visionary goal, you’re unstoppable!
- Specific – Your goal must answer the questions: who, what, where, when and why. It’s your visionary goal restated in as much detail as possible.
- Measurable – How will you know when your goal has been accomplished? How will you measure success?
- Achievable – How can your goal be accomplished? What is required to achieve success and is it possible?
- Relevant – Is this goal important to you? Does it matter? Is it in alignment with your desires and needs?
- Time Bound – What’s the deadline for your goal? By when do you want to have achieved success?
Here’s an example of a SMART Visionary Goal
I want to start an online business for singles traveling to Europe so I can travel the world and share my experiences. I will launch my business in three months, by which time I will have documented in article and blog post format my past five trips and experiences, and I will have added two additional trips. My goal is to help single people travel to Europe safely and economically. My business will make money by promoting travel sites and services and earning affiliate commissions.
Now it’s time for you to create your SMART Visionary goals.
Spend some time contemplating the nine questions listed. Your end result will be a goal that not only inspires and motivates you but is also a goal you can start taking action on immediately. Set clear goals and change your life today.
To Your Success Online,
Internet Marketing Professional, Coach, & Consultant
Websmith Marketing, Inc.
“Teaching you, how to, start a profitable internet marketing business!”
GOT A QUESTION, COMMENT, OR SUGGESTION?
Call me at 424-254-9893 or shoot me an email on my “Contact Us” page
Sign up for our free e-newsletter & you’ll receive our free e-book “Stop Chasing the Carrot!”
Simply click here to be taken to our newsletter sign up page!
Don’t forget to:
Disclaimer: Please note, that I may or may not be compensated a small affiliate commission, if you were to use the links mentioned on this website. I would greatly appreciate it if you did use these links; however, you are under no obligation…