Are you too caught up in what other people think? Are you forgetting to remember, and consider, your needs? When you’re starting an online business, it’s easy to get carried away with market research, profitability, and your target audience.
The goal, after all, is to create a business that supports your financial goals and the internet marketer’s lifestyle. However, if you set your needs aside and focus on the needs of others, you’re missing out. Before you begin building your business, take a few minutes to determine if it’s really the right idea for you.
1. Does This Idea Interest You? Is this a topic that you’re interested to learn more about and excited to share with others? If not, find a topic that you are interested in. Remember, you’re going to be working on your business every day. It’s important to like what you do.
2. Does This Business Model Excite You? How do you feel about your chosen monetization or business model? Are you excited about it and interested in learning more or are you hesitant? It’s important that you have confidence in your chosen business model. For example, if you’ve decided that information marketing is a good business model but you hate writing and talking in public, then it’s probably not the right model to make you happy.
3. Do You Have Experience With This Topic Idea? You don’t have to be an expert but a little experience can go a long way. And it can give you the confidence you need to speak like an authority.
4. Does It Require A Large Investment? Business ideas that break the bank aren’t always the best ideas. Particularly if you’re on a budget or money conscious. Chances are you can start a business for much less than you think.
5. Do You Have Money Readily Available? Do you have money set aside to start your business or are you borrowing? Consider setting money aside rather than borrowing so that you’re not under undue financial stress as you build your business.
6. Will Starting The Business Require You To Change Your Lifestyle? Starting your business takes time. It will require you to change your daily habits a bit. However, there are steps you can take to minimize the amount of time you spend. For example, I’m a huge fan of outsourcing. It gives you time to plan your business and focus on your profit generating tasks.
7. Are You Willing To Change Your Lifestyle? You have to be willing to work hard and make changes in order to realize your internet marketing dreams.
8. Does Your Business Idea Support Your Goals? Will your business idea help you realize your vision of your future? Does it match your definition of success?
9. Can You Imagine Owning The Same Business Years from Now? If your business idea won’t hold your interest for five or ten years then it is probably not the right idea for you. It takes time to grow a business and you want to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor for many years to come.
Answer these questions honestly and evaluate your answers. As a Websmith, you want a business that is both satisfying and profitable. You want the best of both worlds and you deserve it.
P.S. Please feel free to forward this blog post to your friends!
To Your Success Online,
Internet Marketing Professional, Coach, & Consultant
Websmith Marketing, Inc.
“Teaching you how to start a profitable internet marketing business!”
GOT A QUESTION, COMMENT, OR SUGGESTION?
Call me at 424-254-9893 or shoot me an email on my “Contact Us” page
Sign up for our free e-newsletter & you’ll receive our free e-book “Stop Chasing the Carrot!”
Simply click here to be taken to our newsletter sign up page!
Don’t forget to:
Disclaimer: Please note, that I may or may not be compensated a small affiliate commission, if you were to use the links mentioned on this website. I would greatly appreciate it if you did use these links; however, you are under no obligation…